Outrun the Stigma aims to not repeat the work of existing mental health organizations. Instead, we fill a gap in the running culture and host an online platform to raise mental health awareness. And we do this through partnership.
We are aim to grow nationwide by forming Outrun the Stigma Chapters in cities across Canada. Each Chapter involves three partners: Outrun the Stigma, a university campus organization, and a mental health charity. Through partnership we strive to:
- Increase awareness of mental health and illness
- Increase awareness of mental health resources, services, and supports
- Raise donations for the local charity to support mental health services
- Increase opportunities for student involvement and leadership in activism and community engagement
- Share mental health stories and advice to build solidarity and understanding of mental health and illness